A note from Molls about this episode:
If you’ve been on Twitter this week, you probably know about this Logan Paul drama we’re discussing today. If not… a YouTuber basically blew up his life when he posted the dead body of a hanging man he discovered on a recent vlog post. If suicide, death, or fucking narcissists are your triggers, this is not the episode for you. But, I felt like I had to discuss this incident because of all the emotional factors that come into play when anyone winds up in the situation Logan did. If you decide to move forward and listen, we have included the video in the show notes below. Viewer discretion is advised.
If you feel you are in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, a free, 24-hour hotline that can be reached by dialing 1.800.273.TALK (8255). Your call will be connected to the crisis center nearest to you.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Aokigahara (Wikipedia)
- Logan Paul Posts Footage of Apparent Suicide Victim on YouTube (New York Magazine)
- The Social-Media Star and the Suicide (The Atlantic)
- Inside Japan’s ‘suicide forest’ (CNN)
- Why Do We Laugh Inappropriately? (BBC)