In Part 2, Molls and Liz continue their discussion about drug addiction on reality television, chatting about the Richards girls and their codependency, how alcoholism is glorified on shows like Southern Charm and Keeping Up With the Kardashians, and whether the RHONYs are hopped up on coke or adderall.
- Rob Kardashian Devastated Over Former Roommate Jamie Sangouthai’s Death (Hollywood Life)
- You’re The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With (Business Insider)
- How a Parent’s Death Affects Your Love Life (Vice)
- House of Hilton (by Jerry Oppenheimer)
- Avoidance, Sobriety, and Reality: The Psychology of Addiction (Psychology Today)
- How Addicts are Portrayed on TV (The Fix)
I think it’s very telling, a lot of who I see as addicts on reality TV is that like…they’re not lying. They’re just not telling the truth that like you, me, and the other person perceive.
I think Kathryn Dennis is a prime example of this. That’s why she acts so off-the-wall crazy all the time because she’s telling things she knows to be a fact even though everybody else is like, ‘I don’t think that’s how that happened.’Liz Bentley